Friday 13 March 2009

In the cooking mood...

Introducing... Yorkshire Beef Pudding - Improvised Version!
The first pie or pudding that you see is what I had in Leeds, called the Yorkshire Beef Pudding. It tastes sooooo good! Thick sauce with juicy beef slices and crunchy crusts... Yum yum!
Today I intended to make a cake but I dont have the measurements to make a proper one so I've decided to do it simply... by instinct! So I added flour, butter and egg. I forgot sugar! haha... Sounds impossible I know, but that happens... So it came out a little too crunchy and crispy for a cake, and obviously, unsweetened... When I tried to take the cake out of the tray, the bottom fell off because it got stuck onto the tray - I forgot to grease the pan! Ooops... So I started eating the "cake" from the bottom... It tastes quite good actually... Like some kind of pie... And so it reminded me of this beef pudding that I had before! I turned the cake or pie or whatever unknown food object it was around, I start eating from the inside, eventually what's left is exactly like the crust of the pudding! Instinct told me "Oooh I can make beef pudding!" and the rest is history~! The second pie that you see is what I made today! I didnt have beef slices so it was minced beef instead... and neither did I have beef stock to make the sauce so it was substituted by curry... And I had some brocolli left so... Oh well, it wouldn't be "Yee Voon's secret pudding" if I hadn't modify it a little creatively! Boun apetite~!



Yorkshire Beef Pudding - from Leeds market


Yee Voon's Secret Pudding!

Ingredients:
Flour, water, egg, butter, beef, brocolli, curry,
Some imagination, creativity and a pinch of instinct.


No comments:

Post a Comment